NVU ("new view") is the Open Source web authoring system based on Mozilla technology.
These instructions for building a localized OS X package for NVU are largely based on the instructions for Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Download the latest English release of NVU.
- Extract the disk image and copy the contents into a new folder called NVU.
- Open the .app file by CTRL-clicking it --> Show Package Contents.
- From Contents/MacOS/chrome delete the following files:
- the folder called overlayinfo
- In the same folder, open the file installed-chrome.txt replace all occurences of en-US with the country code for your localization, e.g., nl-NL.
- Copy the contents of the your localized chrome folder into this chrome folder
- Switch to Contents/MacOS/components/myspell and delete the entries en-US.aff and en-US.dic and copy your localized .aff and .dic files into this folder. Make sure to also include the proper readme files for these dictionaries!
- Switch to Contents/MacOS/defaults/pref and copy the localized all.js into this folder replacing the original file.
- Go to Contents/Resources/ and rename en.lproj to your proper language, for instance for the Dutch version nl.lproj
- Add the localized readme_first.txt to the root of your NVU folder.
- Now it's time to create the actual disk image. For this, you can use this script that is based on the Mozilla Source Tree. After downloading the script, execute it with the parameters as specified by the script file and by your specific localization. For instance:
./make-diskimage nvu-1.0-mac-nl-NL.dmg NVU nvu-NL -null- -null-
- Test the resulting disk image with a clean profile via deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Nvu
The resulting file can also be found on the NVU web site.